Holiday 2021 Film Festival Dates:
Video Submission Due Date: December 3rd by 11:59pm
Festival debut: December 17th at 7:00pm
Below is all the information you need on how to sign up and be featured in our Holiday 2021 film festival. If you would like to see a previous film festival to help you decide if you want to participate, here is the YouTube link.
How do I sign up? First, inform your teacher. Then, please follow this link https://www.musicmastersstudio.com/online-film-festival-signup/ and fill out the short form that you intend to play in the film festival.
What do I do? Participants must submit two videos:
1) A short 3-5 second introduction video. The student should say their name, what instrument they play, and what song they are playing. They can also bow, wave, spin, or do another move if they like.
2) A performance of their song either on their own (with the help of a parent/guardian if needed), or with help from the Music Masters staff. Participants will make a video of themselves playing a song/piece on their instrument, and can create a concept for the video if they choose to make it more like a music video. They can film their video in whatever setting they wish, whether it is in their normal practice space or elsewhere. They are also welcome to do a duet with another person. This is your chance to make something truly your own and express your creativity in any way you like!
Bonus: We thought it would be fun to include bloopers this time around so please share your outtakes with us too!
What should I wear? Participants can choose their own attire or costume for the video.
What is the age group? We have students of all ages and thus, all are welcome to submit a video.
How should I film it? You can use whatever device you have available to you to film, whether it is a camera, a phone, or a tablet. If using a phone, please use landscape mode.
What are the guidelines for submitting an entry?
1. Be between 1 and 6 minutes in length.
2. Contain NO inappropriate language or behavior, such as-but not limited to-: swear words, violence, grossness, political messages or symbols, crime, or drug use.
3. Feature Music Masters students. Family/friends of the Music Masters students are also welcome to appear in the video.
4. Be shot in landscape mode. Here is an example.
When should I submit my video
Deadline to submit videos: Friday, December 3rd, 2021 by 11:59pm PST.
Festival Premier: Friday, December 17th, 2021 at 7:00PM PST.
How do I submit my video?
Submissions can be made either as a Google Drive, Google Photos, or Youtube link, or just as an attached file.
All submissions must be sent to: email@example.com. Please name your files with last name, first name, and whether it is the signature pose or performance. For example: doe_jane_pose, doe_jane_performance, doe_jane_bloopers. Please make all links/files editable and shareable.
We hope you are just as excited for this as we are. Good luck in your music-making!
And, as always, please let us know if you have any questions.
-Music Masters Staff
1-8pm Monday-Thursday 1-7pm Friday
Saturday and Sunday by appointment
380 E 40th Ave,
Eugene, OR 97405